Intersticia UK – Registered Charity Number 1181435
After months of hard work on the part of our Trustees, Fellows and wonderful legal team of Abbie Rumbold, Suhan Rajkumar and Darren Chin of Bates Wells Braithwaite – who have patiently shepherded us through the process – we are thrilled to announce that the Charity Commission has now determined that they are satisfied that Intersticia UK is established for charitable purposes only for the public benefit and ‘mankind’ in general.
Our objects are:
The advancement of education for the public benefit by:
- Providing support and funding for the benefit of emerging leaders in their chosen fields of expertise, including in particular grants and scholarships for their tuition costs and/or their living costs;
- Providing support and opportunities for emerging leaders to experience and develop leadership skills in the interstice between technology, culture and society by creating learning opportunities, including through the provision of access to digital resources, conferences, retreats and workshops;
- Promoting the development of digital literacy and leadership skills, including through public events such as conferences and workshops.
For the purpose of this Article 2, ‘emerging leaders’ means individuals aged 18 – 40 with leadership experience or an ambition to gain experience in leadership, including without limitation postgraduate students attending universities.
We will fulfil our object by:
- Making grants to individuals
- Making grants to organisations
- Providing services, advocacy, advice and information
- Sponsoring or undertaking research
- Acting as an umbrella or Resource body
- Identifying and undertaking other charitable activities that help us achieve our objects.
A core part of this will be working globally as we continue to develop our Fellowship, our work with partners, and our Brave Conversations global footprint.
A huge thank you from us to everyone involved and from me especially to Tris Lumley, Alison Irvine, Hamish Laing and Berivan Esen, all of whom shared the highs and lows of the experience along the way.
Now to put theory in to practice!